Technical Director - DRC (Kinshasa)
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Technical Director for a CDC funded Comprehensive HIV/AIDS service delivery project under PEPFAR in DRC. The comprehensive treatment program aims to provide evidence-based interventions, and innovative strategies to offer HIV testing, care, and prevention, especially among those unaware of their status, people living with HIV (PLHIV) not on treatment, and those requiring preventive services especially among priority populations (PP) and hard to reach populations through a person-centred approach. The project will provide direct support and technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Social Affairs to accelerate the HIV service delivery cascade and strengthen the technical capacity of provincial and Health Zone level teams to analyse data, improve data quality, and utilize data for informed decision-making.
The Technical Director is responsible for the technical leadership and technical oversight of the project, with a focus on implementation of evidence-based, high quality, multi-sectoral interventions to strengthen access to HIV prevention, care, and treatment. The Technical Director will manage the design and implementation of key components of the program description and ensure adherence to global standard of excellence in health service delivery programming. The position will likely be based in Kinshasa and reports directly to the Principal Investigator /Project Director and will take a leadership role in ensuring technical implementation of high impact, proven interventions and ensure the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to CDC approval.
- Coordinate among CDC and key stakeholders and other implementing partners and will interact with government institutions and representatives.
- Provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of strategies, interventions and activities that are aimed at strengthening HIV service delivery, including for priority populations, community systems and linkages throughout the continuum of care.
- Ensure that project strategies and activities are evidence-based and in line with state-of-the art, globally recognized best practices as well as aligned with DRC’s national guidelines and policies.
- Build capacity of staff, implementing partners, government counterparts, and other stakeholders working with the project.
- Contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence.
- Deliver presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
- Assume the responsibilities of the Project Director in their absence.
- Master's Degree or higher in medicine, public health, health management, social science, or a related field required.
- 12+ years’ experience designing, implementing, and managing large, complex health service delivery projects involving multiple partners in or for developing countries.
- At least three years of progressively responsible supervisory work experience that involved direct leadership of professional and support staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables, and contract/grant management.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, with accompanying depth and breadth of technical and management expertise.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing rapid scale up of HIV prevention, care, and treatment service delivery.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CDC programs, regulations, compliance, and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a high-volume workflow as well as work effectively in teams.
- Proven track record of producing high quality project deliverables on time and according to budget.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- At least five years of demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a technical team and in project design.
- Must be fluent in French and some local languages, with strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.