Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist
TITLE: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist
REPORT TO: MEL Director, FHI 360 in Bangladesh
Location Dhaka, Bangladesh
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for the Tuberculosis project based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. This position is dependent on receipt of funding.
Under the supervision of the MEL Director, the MEL Specialist will work closely with other technical team to ensure project data are collected on time, of high quality and used for program improvement and that evaluations and any special studies are carried out according to schedules and that findings and recommendations are implemented and followed up. This includes data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome, and impact indicators for the program. Undertake activities to support reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and M&E system strengthening actions.
- Lead the design of TBDNS data management system including two-ways data flow between partners, stakeholders and TBDNS.
- Conduct data collection and perform data entry, with preparation and sorting of collected information and identifying templates that need to be entered and manag eproject database.
- Ensure accuracy of entered data and ensures consistency and alignment with the existing data.
- Support the review and verification of data generated ensuring that they are in line with the M&E reporting requirements.
- Support the review of the results of data analysis to ensure that they are in line with the M&E framework.
- Work closely with the technical team in project monitoring and reporting and to provide guidance and support to partners as needed.
- Provide training to partners as needed in the use of special FHI 360 tools.
- Participate in quality improvement plans which focus on M&E.
- Provide support to MEL Director in the development and implementation of monitoring tools, which will include, but not be limited to, data collection, analysis and reporting on program indicators.
- Support the coordination and execution of MEL related activities and dissemination of relevant information on monitoring, evaluation, and research/special studies.
- Assist in the preparation of progress quarterly M&E reports and uploads all approved M&E relevant reports into the online systems as required.
- Travel when needed to coordinate, monitor, and/or participate in related activities.
- Support project research activities, such as translation and transcription, as needed.
- Contribute to presentations in MS Word, Excel, and/or PowerPoint formats.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the MEL Director and Chief of Party.
- BA/BS in public health, management, social sciences, statistics, or equivalent work experiences.
- Minimum 5years of program monitoring experience, preferably in tuberculosis or other health related topics.
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with providing program support for TB projects is desired.
- Experience in program monitoring and evaluation, data collection, and data management.
- Knowledge and experience in M&E and international funder’s reporting requirements is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Competent in using Power BI, DHIS2, Microsoft Office package, particularly, Word, Excel, and Power Point and with experience using database, data visualization and data analysis software.
- Ability to analyze data for and correct data errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work with others effectively.
- Prior experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
- Fluency in English and Bengali language is required.
- Position open to Bangladeshi nationals or individuals who have the legal authority to work in Bangladesh.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work and are subject to modification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.