Last Date of application: 20th February 2024
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Equity Officer for the Tuberculosis project based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. This position is dependent on receipt of funding.
Under the supervision of the MEL Director, the Equity Officer will work closely with the different technical, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team and partners to ensure effectiveness of equity including gender and social inclusion principles and implement strategies to enhance the project effort including all project design, development, planning and monitoring to identify and close equity gaps to the program-focused areas.
- Provide equity-focused technical leadership and guidance to project leadership, other program technical leads, and the MEL team.
- Collaborate on development of equity plan and establishment of equity-specific program indicators, and integration of equity lenses and activities and considerations into the program’s plan, study/assessment, and M&E plan.
- Design and develop indicators to assess the equity gaps and monitor progress on closing the identified gaps.
- Provide data and analysis on equity gaps to ensure the progress is being accomplished and inform adaptations to the technical team as needed.
- Collaborate with partners and government entities to enhance their capacity to collect, analyze and use quality data to identify and close equity gaps.
- Collaborate with MEL Team to conduct ongoing monitoring and analysis, ensuring program data is sufficiently for the purpose of reporting program progress against equity-related indicators.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of tools, frameworks, and resources to promote equity integration in the project.
- Identifies successful practices in the project that can be features in reports, publications, communication materials, and conferences.
- Provides technical input project reports to ensure quality and full compliance with donor’s gender, equity and social inclusion policies and progress toward achieving them integration in the project.
- Provide necessary training and guidance related to equity mainstreaming within the project’s internal operations and processes, including in recruitment and HR policies, in order to ensure a diverse team and an equitable work environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the MEL Director.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in the relevant subject area(s), preferably in gender, social work, international development, or community development required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience designing, managing, and implementing activities to promote gender equality and social inclusion, preferably in health sector.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and transmit her/his vision to partners and colleagues.
- Proven experience in managing data collection, contribute to writing of technical analysis, and providing technical expertise in equity inclusive of gender equality, social inclusion, and woman empowerment.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure GESI integration in project design, implementation, and M&E.
- Familiarity with conceptual or analytical frameworks related to equity and/or GESI-as well as with the development of the related issues and barriers within the Bangladesh context.
- Ability to navigate culturally sensitive terrain and maintain constructive and collaborative relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Prior work experience in a civil society organization, government agency, or private company.
- Fluency in English and Bengali language is required.
- Position open to Bangladeshi nationals or individuals who have the legal authority to work in Bangladesh.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work and are subject to modification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.