Technical Officer M&E
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Officer Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) for the USAID Tuberculosis Private Sector Activity in Indonesia. The goal of this activity is to increase and improve the diagnosis, notification, and successful treatment of tuberculosis (TB) by leveraging and utilizing private sector platforms.
Reporting to the MERLC Advisor, the Technical Officer M&E will serve as a technical resource for the USAID TB Private Sector Activity. The Officer will provide technical assistance to Activity M&E, research, learning and communication activities, including the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention-linked research. The Officer will support the design and establishment of an M&E system, including data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome and impact indicators for the Activity, and work closely with the technical team to ensure compatibility and coordination within the existing M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements. The Officer will support data analysis and production of data use products and mechanisms to promote evidence-based programming, and timely feedback in relation to targets or identification and resolution of gaps. S/he will provide guidance on appropriate information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting.
The position shall be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Support M&E, learning and research utilization activities for the TB project.
- Support development and implementation of an M&E system to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress.
- Build upon industry and experiences to improve consistency, quality and practicality of M&E strategies; promote dissemination and use of lessons learned within the Activity, the Government of Indonesia and other development partners.
- Build capacity of staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on M&E components in project design; such as monitoring plan, assessments, reviews, surveys and evaluations.
- Ensure Activity experience is documented as success stories, technical reports, or peer
- Support the design and implementation of evaluations, surveys, implementation research and other research as required.
- Support high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Masters’ degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or Statistics or another related field.
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience in M&E in developing countries with USAID projects.
- Strong background in quantitative research design, methods, analysis and application of subsequent insights to improve performance.
- Experience developing M&E plans.
- Demonstrated M&E experience and skills, complemented by collaboration with varying types of partners.
- Proficiency in data management and analytic software e.g. MS Excel, MS Power BI, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, Stata, R
- Must have extensive knowledge in collaboration, learning, and adapting concepts for health projects.
- Must have exceptional writing, communications and presentation skills, fluency in the English language, strong teamwork and effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- 10% - 25%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.