Communication and Outreach Specialist
Ma3an is a seven-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented in cooperation with the Presidency of the Government. Ma3an’s goal to increase Tunisian youth civic engagement and economic opportunities. At the community level, Ma3an uses a community-driven youth development model to inform and support sustainable interventions through ongoing collaboration between community actors that are inclusive, participatory, and solutions-driven. These include working with and through local CSO partners to understand local dynamics in each community; and implement community-driven youth development programming involving youth, local NGOs, local government, and other community leaders through community-specific grants.
The Communications and Outreach specialist manages public outreach activities, including the production, of timely, quality internal and external information and social media products, weekly, annual, and ad-hoc project reports, presentations and updates, success stories, and fact sheets, and other programmatic social media, web, and outreach materials. The Communications and Outreach specialist reports to the Ma3an Director of Communications.
- Participate in the elaboration and execution of a multichannel and multi-target communication plan, including media and social media coverage, opportunities and guidelines information platform, co-branding approaches, events, programs sponsorship, testimonials, success stories, etc.
- Support partner organizations, grantees, service providers, and consultants in implementing activities toward reaching project objectives and targets through effective communications
- Manage procedures and processes for developing youth outreach reports, publications, and social media materials; tracking dissemination; preparing for and reporting on events; (video) documenting project activities; and storing information;
- Promote the effective use and ongoing improvement of communication tools and processes.
- Manage the implementation of Ma3an youth outreach activities and public outreach consultants and contractors in the areas of writing and editing, layout/design, information dissemination, events planning, social media, and web development and management;
- Engage Ma3an youth leaders around the country in generating content to be disseminated on Ma3an social media platforms that appeal to youth nationwide. Engage Ma3an youth leaders in determining a strategic approach to ma3an communications, including the use of particular social media platforms;
- Ensure and maintain quality control for internal and external electronic communications and publications;
- Coordinate with program management staff to ensure ongoing effective utilization of an accurate and efficient system for storing communication-related program files, reports, documents, presentations, and outreach materials;
- Engage regional and national media by responding to press queries, scheduling interviews, preparing event briefing memos for USAID, and organizing press briefings.
- Ensure public outreach, documents, and activities meet the requirements of the Branding and Marking Strategy, with reference to all USAID branding/marking requirements and security considerations;
- With the assistance of MEL and program staff, develop graphics, maps, flow charts, and diagrams for reports, presentations, and handouts.
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant technical/project management experience. USAID or other donor experience highly desirable.
- Experience working with governmental and civil society institutions in developing and implementing effective and innovative communication activities.
- Ability to translate technical material into information products that are accessible to a broader audience through various channels.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and editing skills in English, French, and Arabic
- Ability to organize and implement events such as ceremony inaugurations, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Experience working with the media including coordinating the participation of members of the media in events, developing press releases, etc.
- Experience developing and maintaining social media tools (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.).
- Ability to work in a team and think strategically and critically about the role of information in achieving project objectives.
- Ability to resolve problems and manage a variety of activities with multiple deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and client relations skills.
- Ability to innovate, bring new ideas and creative approaches.
- Strong storytelling skills with proven ability to produce clear and engaging content.
- Experience working with and developing communication materials using computer graphic applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Canva is a plus
- Ability to work with limited supervision and be self-directed to achieve.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to prioritize work.
- Excellent project management skills
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.