Clinical Data Project Manager II
Directs the design, documentation, testing and implementation of data collection and database systems for collecting and storing study data for multiple, complex clinical studies concurrently. Provides input for protocol focused on data management issues. Coordinates design of case report forms to meet study objectives. Develops data management and data cleaning plans. Reviews and analyzes data discrepancies to identify and report data and trends. Manages data management issues for clinical studies providing on-going support and routine reports to the study team. May also be responsible for projects that have been contracted with contract research organizations, as well as internal projects. Works on complex studies consisting of 2+ countries, each possibly with multiple sites, where data entry occurs at regional data entry centers external to FHI 360.
Develops systems for organizing data to analyze, identify and report data and trends. Manages data management issues by reviewing protocols for cross-project consistency and identifying standard case report form modules to meet objectives. Develops study budgets. Provides early strategic input into protocol design focused on data management issues. Mentors Data Management personnel to ensure the efficient operation of their function. Conducts data management workshops, training and site assessments.
Manage all operational aspects of clinical trials in compliance with GCP regulations, HS policy and Client Company policy.
Review and manage project budgets, timelines and resources across Client programs and studies.
Ensure timeliness of deliverable s for each phase of the study from study start-up through production and close-out activities.
Interact with various Data Management and other functional area colleagues, including, but not limited to: Biostatistics and Programming, Clinical, Project Management, Safety, Medical Coding, site personnel.
Ensure Clinical Data Management staff maintains all relevant documentation associated with each assigned Protocol.
Identify and work collaboratively and cross-functionally to implement process improvement measures within data management on both departmental and project level.
Coordinate with Clinical Data Management Staff, Client, and Study Team to identify issues/trends for discussion.
Participate in study/project team meetings as primary facilitator of timelines, providing updates on study status to the cross functional team.
Escalate any potential or actual issues to supervisor, project team, and/or Client Company in a timely manner, and follow issues through to resolution.
Provide written project status reports to Client Company and/or HS Data Management supervisor and verbally present as necessary at Client Company meetings.
Delegate or assist with delegating daily tasks for all protocol(s) to Lead Clinical Data Managers, Clinical Data Managers, and/or Data Entry staff.
Contribute to the development and/or revision of Clinical Data Management SOPs and related documentation.
Assist in establishing metrics for project progress, performance, and cost. Assist in evaluating project performance to these standards.
Monitor performance goals and objectives to ensure quality in the processing of data generated from clinical trials.
Serve as primary point of contact for all Client Company project timeline related communication.
Assist supervisor as needed with resource planning/forecasting.
Monitor and work to maintain/improve Client Company satisfaction by ensuring high quality service, communication, and management of clinical data.
Escalate potential/actual issues regarding, IT connectivity, Sponsor relations, staffing needs that could potentially impact timelines and deliverable s to HS management.
Maintain awareness of team members’ PTO requests, ensuring all Sponsor deliverable s will be maintained.
Contribute to Annual Employee Performance Evaluations as needed, upon request of management.
Establish appropriate project tracking using computer assisted programs and ensure timely entry of project information.
Evaluate and manage project budget against project milestones to ensure project profitability.
Take corrective measures where necessary to keep project in line with budget and profit expectations.
Conduct internal and external project team meetings as needed.
Assist supervisor with interview and selection process of new staff.
Support documentation of initial and ongoing staff training as required by both the Client Company.
Work closely with the CDM Proposals, Clinical Operations, Medical Affairs, Strategic Alliances, Strategic Development, Strategic Operations and Information Service Departments to perform appropriate client, indication and therapeutic area research to support the proposal development and required study change orders.
Involving the in the design process to ensure that solutions can be implemented.
Working with data management to validate designed functionality.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, procedures, and practices with data management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to influence, motivate and collaborate with others.
- Ability to successfully multi-task, prioritize, manage multiple projects.
- Ability to lead initiatives to evaluate new technologies and resources.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Problems are complex and require analysis of situations and data with evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies to select methods and techniques to obtain results.
- Decisions and actions may cause delays and affect a business unit or functional area within a department.
- Bachelor's Degree or International Equivalent in Computer Science, Life Science, Health Science, Information Management or Related Field.
- Project Management (PM) Certification preferred.
- Typically requires 8+ years of data management and systems experience.
- Proficiency in Excel software and other database technologies required.
- Prior work experience in a non- governmental organization (NGO).
- Coordinates activities in the development of software tools, surveys, visit trackers and mobile data collection instruments for a study.
- Ensures issues with studies or other projects are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Participants in developing procedures, budgets, training and resources with management to achieve strategic goals.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
- Less than 25%
The expected hiring salary range for this role is listed below. FHI 360 pay ranges represent national averages that vary by geographic location. When determining an offer amount, FHI 360 factors in multiple considerations, including but not limited to: relevant years of experience and education possessed by the applicant, internal equity, business sector, and budget.
Base salary is only one component of our offer. FHI 360 contributes 12% of monthly base pay to a money purchase pension plan account. Additionally, all US based staff working full-time, which is calculated at 40 hours/week, receive 18 days of paid vacation per year, 12 sick days per year, and 11 holidays per year. Paid time off is reduced pro rata for employees working less than a full-time schedule.
Hiring Salary Range: $103,000- 148,000
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.