Private Sector Advisor
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Private Sector Advisor for the Tuberculosis project based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. This position is dependent on receipt of funding.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Private Sector Advisor will have overall responsibility to support the development and execution of the project’s private sector activities. This may include conducting private sector landscape assessments; developing business cases for private sector engagement; brokering public private partnerships; and supporting the advancement of market-driven solutions to improve the quality of and equitable access to diagnostic services. The Private Sector Advisor will also be responsible for managing discrete project activities, and overseeing the strategy and implementation of project partner.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight for design and implementation of private sector engagement models related to the TB diagnostic network.
- Provide technical assistance and operational oversight to project activities in relation to strengthening and private sector engagement/public private mix (PPM).
- Identify and facilitate establishment of public/private partnerships in close collaboration with the government, professional associations, and other stakeholders.
- Develop tools for design and implementation of specific technical components; ensure project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategies and remains technically sound.
- Review, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of the programmatic implementation of partners and make recommendations for improvement.
- Represent the project at professional meetings and conferences, organize scientific events and expand collaboration with multi-stakeholders in the project focus areas as appropriate.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Chief of Party.
- Master’s degree in public health, business, international affairs, economics, or social sciences.
- At least eight (8) years of working experience in private sector engagement; including private sector health, health finance, health marketing and communication, health systems development, government engagement and policy analysis or other related fields.
- Understanding of the commercial health sector in Bangladesh, such as hospital and clinic networks, health care manufacturers, among others.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and maintain effective relationships with multi-stakeholders across public and private sectors.
- Knowledge and experience in working with international-funded programming preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English and fluent in Bengali language.
- Ability to provide systematic and logical guidance to project team and relevant partners.
- Ability to work independently and manage high-volume workflow.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work and are subject to modification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.