FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Finance Officer for the Tuberculosis project based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. This position is dependent on receipt of funding.
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer will support the Finance Manager in all financial management of the project. S/he will provide support in areas of financial management, accounting and record keeping within the project and ensure that all functions under the implementing partners are conducted in an efficient manner in compliance with FHI360 and funder’s rules, regulations, and procedures. The position requires close collaboration with other operations staff within project, partners and the FHI 360 Bangladesh office.
- Assist the Finance Manager with overarching project financial management tasks.
- Collecting and checking all supporting documentation for bank payments (checking the supporting documents for invoices, acceptance certificates, bids, etc).
- Responsible for timely and properly preparing the vouchers for bank payments.
- Responsible for preparing bank payments in online banking system: payments, conversion, cash deposits, etc.
- Ensure timely process and payments to all statutory payments as per law of the land and FHI 360 policies and procedures.
- Assist in financial reconciliations with respect to bank, balance sheet, vendors, inventory, etc.
- File payment vouchers, supporting documentations, workshop, and travel retirements.
- Ensure accurate record keeping of the financial documentations.
- Perform a Finance TESS Administrator responsibilities, as follow:
- Final Labor Processing and Period End;
- Timesheet Changes for any prior periods;
- Missing Timesheets from any Prior Period.
- In close collaboration with the procurement specialist, provides support on the procurement process; reviewing the procurement request for completeness of necessary information, quotations on local procurement items, preparing financial related documents and obtaining necessary signatures and approvals.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting and Business Administration. CPA, ACA or any other relevant professional qualification is desirable.
- 2-5 years’ experience in financial management and accounting.
- Good analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven proactive skills in identifying cost savings, cost avoidance and efficiency opportunities.
- Familiarity with or knowledge of international funded projects, policies and procedures will be an asset.
- Familiarity with Bangladesh local legislations.
- Cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of key and vulnerable populations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to interpret financial and other quantitative information and reports.
- Good documentation skills and effective skills in summarizing conclusion on financial issues.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively, productively and sensitively within a multidiscipline, multicultural and multigender environment.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Fluency in English and Bengali required.
- Position open to Bangladeshi nationals or individuals who have the legal authority to work in Bangladesh.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.