FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Finance Manager for the Tuberculosis project based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. This position is dependent on receipt of funding.
Under the supervision of the Director, Finance & Operations, the Finance Manager will have overall responsibility for finance of the project, under the oversight of the Finance & Operations Director. S/he will provide financial oversight for all aspects of the project in compliance with FHI360 and funder’s rules, regulations and procedures. Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with a wide range of finance issues. The Finance Manager will be responsible for budget development in partnership with the programs team and partners, budget forecasting, expenditure tracking, and financial analysis. Reviews and provides recommendations for financial planning and control and key administrative decisions for organizational and local compliance requirements, in concert with the senior management team in FHI 360’s Asia Regional Pacific Office (APRO) and Headquarters offices in the United States. S/he will also be responsible for selecting, evaluating performance, and developing capacity of the Finance Officer to ensure efficient project support.
- Responsible for oversight of all financial management areas including accounting, payments reporting systems and procedures for the project.
- Manage and monitor the various controls and financial measurements for the projects including budget limits, obligations, burn-rates, budget planning, pipeline analysis on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee the timely completion and accuracy of monthly financial reports prepared for submission to the program funding agencies and FHI360.
- Review and design appropriate workflow system, procedures and processes that ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the support function that finance provides.
- Maintain adequate financial resources in country to support monthly program operations and subproject reimbursements.
- Provide support and monitor of subgrant process including developing/reviewing subgrant budgets and proposal; facilitating the grant selection, start-up & close-out process; and monitor subgrant financial report and providing technical assistance and training to grant recipients.
- Ensure all activities related to financial management are carried out in conformance with policies and procedures established by FHI360 and funding sources.
- Coordinate with related staff at FHI360 regional office and HQ offices to ensure that project budgets and accounting and fiscal control procedures are implemented effectively in the Philippines office.
- Coordinate with auditors, FHI/APRO and HQ on program and IA audits and ensures that findings and recommendations of auditors are followed up.
- Provide recommendations and consultation to project staff on financial projects and compliance.
- Engage in the critical and confidential aspects of financial analysis.
- Work with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significate internal and/or external effect.
- Review, provide input, and periodically updates operations, administrative, and financial office policy and protocols.
- Review and approves procurement requests and payment vouchers for purchasing of goods and services and for program activities and assure that all disbursements or reimbursements are made in compliance with FHI 360 policy and applicable to donor rules and regulations.
- Oversee development of job descriptions and capacity building plans for Finance Officer and provides direct oversight to the subordinate personnel.
- Supervise Finance Officer and encourage a collaborative, cohesive working environment.
- Provide administrative, financial, accounting, and other technical assistance as required to FHI360 staff and/or partner staff.
- Assist with internal audits and implements recommendations resulting from audit process.
- Monitor deliverables of consultants performing operations or local approval tasks, as required.
- Supervise workflow of finance team to ensure quality deliverables and adherence to deadlines.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Finance and Operations Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in Financial Management, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or another relevant field.
- A minimum of 5-8years accounting, operations, and financial management experience of large-scale, international development assistance programs.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience with financial analysis, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, budget development and forecasting, and supervisory experience managing finance and/or administrative staff.
- Demonstrated experience with international funder cost principles, and GAAP accounting rules and grants contract management.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets.
- Experience developing and/or implementing finance and accounting policies, procedures, and systems.
- Demonstrated experience in grants management, preferably with international donor-funded projects.
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases.
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID, host-country counterparts, and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector.
- Extensive knowledge of Bangladesh financial and NGO reporting requirement.
- Any Bangladeshi relevant professional qualifications are an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Bengali is required.
- Position open to Bangladeshi nationals or individuals who have the legal authority to work in Bangladesh.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.