FHI 360 is a global organization that mobilizes research, resources and relationships so people everywhere have access to the opportunities they need to lead full and healthy lives. With collaborations in over 60 countries, we work directly with local leaders to advance social and economic equity, improve health and well-being, respond to humanitarian crises and strengthen community resilience. We share data-driven insights and scalable tools that expand access and equity so communities can effectively address complex challenges, respond to shocks and achieve thriving futures.
We currently seeking qualified candidates for Communications Associate for USAID End Tuberculosis (TB) Tajikistan Activity to replace staff during parental leave. Period of performance for this position is from December 18, 2023 - May 7, 2024.
USAID End Tuberculosis (TB) Tajikistan Activity is a five-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). USAID End Tuberculosis (TB) Tajikistan Activity aims to reduce the burden of TB in the Republic of Tajikistan. The project activity results are focuses on improving case detection and notification for all forms of TB, increasing the number of patients cured of all forms of TB, strengthening TB prevention by expanded preventive treatment and improved infection prevention and control (IPC) interventions, and strengthening TB system resilience/reliance in public health emergency.
Under the supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist, the Communications Associate will be providing technical assistance to the project partners and the project in designing and developing communication materials, campaigns and tools that will help increase the uptake of TB services in the coverage areas. S/he will also collaborate with the project team members to ensure proper knowledge management and sharing of project outputs and results to both external and internal audiences.
The Communications Associate will push the boundaries of traditional communication. S/he will bring innovative ideas that have the potential to go viral; leverage skills to plan and execute them; and assess and strengthen successful approaches for scale-up. Ability in website and mobile app development, and their user testing will be useful.
- Assist in Activity strategy and design, its digital adaptation, social media outreach, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Lead together with the team the digital adaptation of learning modules and training activities on TB service delivery and prevention and related capacity building initiatives.
- Manage and track implementation of Marking and Branding Plan, compliance with USAID and FHI360 regulations.
- Lead and provide assistance to staff on proper implementation of Marking and Branding requirements.
- Review all technical and operations documents of the Activity to comply with marking and branding requirement, edit and submit final activity documents.
- Manage consideration of all technical and operations documents with direct supervisor and provide an updated files addressed USAID and/or Activity management team requirements and feedbacks;
- Develop, pre-test, and produce digital communication tools and e-job aids based on evidence-based theories and methodologies, in line with the communications strategy.
- Produce and/or manage regular content calendars to ensure timely refreshing of project-related social media content and activities.
- Monitor social engagement and track conversion across project-supported platforms to test and iteratively improve online communications and client recruitment strategies.
- Assist in coordinating with the subgrantees, research firms, advertising agencies, public relations experts, production vendors, community mobilizers, and/or consultants hired by the project on creative milestones and outputs.
- Assist in supervising local contracts and monitoring of ongoing function and technical troubleshooting for integral services, such as mass media programming.
- Guide the design and execution of patient-friendly websites, information dashboards, knowledge portals and e-newsletters. Monitor it as an administrator.
- Provide technical support to the project partners on social media outreach and other marketing needs.
- Work with the M&E staff to monitor and evaluate the progress and impact of project’s activities. Introduce innovative models for measuring/attributing social media demand generation and audience engagement toward project goals.
- Document project results and impacts in various forms, including media stories, lessons learned, case studies, client satisfaction, and other areas that contribute to quarterly and annual reporting.
- Arrange, sustain and support effective communication with mass-media, social media and influencers to present Activity results to both broad and targeted audiences.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist.
- BS/BA (Mass Communication, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Philology, Development Communications, Public health, or related field).
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience on communication, public relations and communication, and work in/with social media campaign planning and digital platforms and advertising.
- Ability to design visual content for digital social media campaigns, websites and mobile apps.
- Ability to write campaign, website content, scripts, creative materials, and project documents.
- Must be able to thrive in a diverse, fast-paced collaborative studio environment and have superb time management skills.
- Ability to work on problems that are diverse in scope and require judgment in resolving or making recommendations for solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Prior work experience in USAID funded programs with disease prevention and control portfolio and/or INGOs and donors represented in Tajikistan preferred; TB-focused programs a plus.
- Any Tajik relevant professional qualifications are an advantage.
- Position open to Tajik nationals or individuals who have the legal rights to work in Tajikistan.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.