Technical Advisor - Health Literacy and Community Engagement
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Advisor - Health Literacy and Community Engagement for Strengthening Communities and Accelerating Local Engagement (SCALE) Project in China.
The Technical Advisor - Health Literacy and Community Engagement will work under the direction of the Deputy Chief of Party – Technical. S/he will lead the project to ensure effective community engagement practices while increasing health literacy for improved utilization of health services.
- Serves as the technical lead on all community outreach, mobilization, and health literacy activities.
- Leads the organization and implementation of community-level “listening tours” to better understand community health needs and priorities.
- Organizes co-creation processes to identify community needs and community-driven solutions to improve health literacy, service quality and service utilization; and ensures vulnerable populations are engaged in program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Works with local partners in the production of targeted, culturally sensitive health literacy messages and materials in a variety of languages.
- Identifies and collaborates with local stakeholders including traditional and faith leaders in delivering health literacy programs.
- Facilitates the design and implementation of community engagement and health literacy trainings.
- Coaches and mentors partners, community health workers, community members and other relevant project actors in the implementation of their tasks.
- Recruits and supervises the work of technical consultants – as necessary – to develop and deliver culturally sensitive health literacy interventions for a variety of ethnic minority communities.
- Collaborates with other teams and team members to integrate efforts to institutionalize and increase sustainability across the components of the overall program. Assists other teams in capacity building as needed.
- Leads the development and implementation of relevant aspects of project work plans and monitoring and evaluation plans, ensuring that targets are met, and project outcomes are achieved.
- Coordinates with key stakeholders, including partners, government agencies, international and local NGOs, and community-based organizations on project activities.
- Serves as the primary representative of project community engagement and health literacy activities within and outside the project.
- Promotes sustainability of project activities with effective networking, coordination and linkages to other programs, partners and counterparts, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners and community-based organization.
- Supports the other technical advisors when and if needed to perform duties and responsibilities related to Gender Equality and Social Inclusion, and monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Master’s degree or higher in public health or related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in a wide range of community engagement and health literacy programs.
- Experience in or knowledge of ethnic minority health literacy and health access issues preferred.
- Candidates from ethnic minority communities strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proven ability to lead teams to improve the quality of health literacy and community engagement activities.
- Proven interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with all key stakeholders.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Excellent written, communication and oral presentation skills in local language.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.