Admin and Human Resources Officer
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Admin and Human Resources Officer for Strengthening Communities and Accelerating Local Engagement (SCALE) Project in China
The Admin and Human Resources Officer will work under the direction of the Operations Manager. S/he will perform a variety of administrative and office support duties. The position requires knowledge of organizational and departmental policies and procedures to communicate information involving programs, functions, and services. S/he will also provide HR support functions across recruitment, induction, remuneration, performance management, employment relations, HR policy and procedures, learning and development and office operations.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for input from internal and external contacts.
- Coordinates team meetings, secures facilities, prepares agenda, coordinates speakers, records meeting notes, etc.
- Ensures that communications are promptly and accurately dispatched.
- Responds to staff requests for administrative support as needed.
- Provides program staff with logistical arrangements for their business travel, including transportation and accommodation during their field trips, and assists them with submission of electronic EA when and if needed, and be responsible for logistical arrangements such as travel transportation and accommodation.
- Ensures stable operation of office equipment and internet access through effective communication and coordination with IT professionals and relevant service providers if needed.
- Sets up and maintains files, prepares reports, presentations, and graphics, provides employees with office supplies.
- Receives and distributes incoming mailing and coordinates outgoing mail, including courier services, postage meter account, and interoffice mail distribution.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Designs and produces general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc.
- Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes.
- Schedules and arranges meetings and conferences for management.
- Assists with coordination of meetings, facilities planning, and logistics required.
- Procures office supplies on a regular basis to meet the needs of the program and office operation.
- Coordinates invoicing, and payment for third party suppliers and vendors.
- Enforces and adheres to organization policies and procedures including corporate guidelines and best practices.
- Assists Operation Manager with drafting and preparation of documents for submission to the provincial government departments as per their specific requirements. Provides support to handle the procedure of annual organizational audit, and prepares updates or modification as require for registration of INGOs in Yunnan to ensure the legal presence of the organization.
Human Resources (HR) Support:
- Manages recruitment process: job posting, initial screening, communicating with candidates during the selection process up to final selection, offer acceptance and induction.
- Ensures and safeguards complete HR documentation for all staff including maintaining and updating relevant database covering staff data, benefit use and leave records.
- Ensures that employees access information and benefits as they are entitled.
- Completes close out procedures for staff leaving the organization.
- Communicates policies and procedures, implementation, changes, and other relevant matters to staff regarding various benefits.
- Works closely with HR department at Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) and third-party payroll firm to process accurate and timely payroll and taxation matters for all staff while always maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Assists staff in understanding and using FHI 360 Goal Setting and Performance Review.
- Manages staff disciplinary and other sensitive issues of staff.
- Develops induction schedule for new staff members, coordinating with all key staff and maintain the induction information to be accurate according to the organization movement.
- Ensures all new staff have proper materials to start working with the organization according HR management standard.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, International Management, or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience providing full range of HR and administrative support in an office setting.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) desirable.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.