Health Financing Technical Advisor, Philippines
Health Financing Technical Advisor
USAID Philippines TB Diagnostic Network Strengthening Opportunity
FHI 360 is a global organization that mobilizes research, resources and relationships so people everywhere have access to the opportunities they need to lead full and healthy lives. With collaborations in over 60 countries, we work directly with local leaders to advance social and economic equity, improve health and well-being, respond to humanitarian crises and strengthen community resilience. We share data-driven insights and scalable tools that expand access and equity so communities can effectively address complex challenges, respond to shocks and achieve thriving futures.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Health Financing Technical Advisor for an upcoming opportunity in the Philippines. This position is contingent upon award and will be based in Manila, Philippines.
The anticipated TB-centered Health Systems Strengthening Project will support the Philippine’s Department of Health (DoH) to realize a high-performing and resilient health system that improves and sustains progress additional to mitigating the deleterious health and economic effects of infectious disease outbreaks.
The Health Financing Technical Advisor will provide technical support to enhance the quality, equity, resilience, and sustainability of the activity’s interventions.
This may include (but not be limited to) developing solutions for long term domestic financing of service delivery; building the capacity of government counterparts in planning, budgeting, and financial management competencies; expanding the use of social contracting; aligning incentives for quality service delivery and defining and strengthening financing mechanisms for private provision and mixed health systems.
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent in Economics, Public Health, Public Policy, International Development, or related field.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in public health, including demonstrated experience in health financing
- Proven experience working with government officials, particularly MoH supporting strategy development, implementation planning and decision making;
- Demonstrated cutting edge expertise and familiarity with the latest global thinking and evidence
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and maintain effective relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Prior work experience in relevant organizations (such as similar NGOs, development partners or government agencies)
- Knowledge and experience of working with USAID and other donor-funded programming
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English
- Ability to work well in teams, including negotiation, influencing, and collaboration skills
- Ability to transfer knowledge/skills and work well with others, including local and foreign colleagues, implementing agency and government staff
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.