Tuberculosis Technical Advisor, Philippines
Tuberculosis Technical Advisor
USAID Tuberculosis Activity, Philippines
FHI 360 is a global organization that mobilizes research, resources and relationships so people everywhere have access to the opportunities they need to lead full and healthy lives. With collaborations in over 60 countries, we work directly with local leaders to advance social and economic equity, improve health and well-being, respond to humanitarian crises and strengthen community resilience. We share data-driven insights and scalable tools that expand access and equity so communities can effectively address complex challenges, respond to shocks and achieve thriving futures.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Tuberculosis Technical Advisor for an upcoming opportunity in the Philippines. This position is contingent upon award and will be based in Manila, Philippines.
The anticipated TB-centered Health Systems Strengthening Project will support the Philippine’s Department of Health (DoH) to realize a high-performing and resilient health system that improves and sustains progress additional to mitigating the deleterious health and economic effects of infectious disease outbreaks.
The Tuberculosis Technical Advisor will play a critical role in providing strategic leadership and technical expertise in the management and control of TB within the context of infectious diseases in the Philippines. This position will be responsible for providing guidance and support to national and regional health authorities, collaborating with partners, and implementing effective strategies to strengthen prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and care services. The Tuberculosis Technical Advisor will work closely with key stakeholders to ensure the implementation of evidence-based interventions and contribute to the overall reduction of TB burden in the country.
· Advanced degree in medicine and public health. Postgraduate training or specialization in TB is highly desirable.
· Minimum of 10 years of professional experience working in TB control, infectious diseases, or related fields, with a focus on program management and technical expertise.
· At least 8 years of professional experience in project management and leadership, including experience managing USAID projects and staff; In-depth knowledge of national and international guidelines and best practices for TB prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and care.
· Proven experience in providing technical assistance, capacity building, and training in infectious disease/TB control programs. experience with key stakeholders in Philippines;
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and provide evidence-based recommendations.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders.
· Familiarity with the Philippine health system and experience working with national and local health authorities is an advantage.
· Ability to work independently, demonstrate leadership, and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Fluency in local language and knowledge of culture context preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.