Director of Finance and Administration - Sri Lanka
FHI360 is currently seeking qualified Director of Finance and Administration candidates to be proposed on the anticipated USAID/Sri Lanka New Reconciliation Activity which seeks to support Sri Lanka's continued journey toward reconciliation by facilitating constructive interaction across diverse entities and identities to address grievances and misperceptions, fostering inclusive and transparent collaboration to improve equitable access to services and socioeconomic opportunity, and building individual and institutional capacities and leadership to interrupt existent or potential cycles of violence. The New Reconciliation Activity will likely seek to help Sri Lanka face the challenge of broader reconciliation issues, bring diverse groups together to promote national unity, recover from recent political and economic instability, integrate different groups into the mainstream political and economic system, and address local and national grievances that threaten the stability of the country. Activities will engage diverse communities across Sri Lanka, with a cross-cutting objective of empowering women and youth in reconciliation and peacebuilding processes.
This role oversees all project-related finance, procurement, and operational activities for the project. It supports the COP in project planning and implementation and leads financial and administrative trainings for staff. The Director of Finance and Administration approves procurement requests and manages financial tools used for reporting project expenditures in compliance with regulatory requirements. Expertise includes project finance and budgeting, USAID financial reporting requirements, USAID rules and regulations, administration, contracts and grants, procurement and logistics. The Director of Finance and Administration will be located in Colombo. This position will report to the Chief of Party.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership to the budget and finance staff and sets project operational plans, goals and policies;
- Liaise with senior management on the development of administrative plans, projects, performance and initiatives to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of all administration departments;
- Supervise and support budget and finance managers to establish strategic workflow plans;
- Collaborate with members of senior leadership including the Chief of Party, Technical Directors and HQ staff on critical and complex aspects of budgetary and financial reviews and make operational recommendations;
- Identify opportunities to improve and refine services;
- Establish and implement financial systems for field office and project accounting and grants finance management, including payroll, transfers, reporting to local authorities, FHI 360, and USAID;
- Review annual budgets and track expenditures against budgetary line items;
- Review project invoices for accuracy and allocate expenditures according to accounting systems;
- Approve payment of monthly expenditures within signature authority guidelines;
- Liaise with bank personnel and officers, track cash balances of each bank account, make deposits of returned funds and client payments, and track wire transfers to/from program accounts;
- Prepare, update and submit financial reports to HQ according to financial procedures;
- Review, track, and reconcile staff and consultant cash advances according to policies;
- Liaise with Finance/Business Managers in HQ regarding budget realignments, specific budget issues, and status of wire transfers;
- Prepare all other project financial deliverables and reports in a timely fashion for the review and approval of the Chief of Party and send to FHI 360/DC;
- Provide expert financial and budgeting (including pipeline) analysis to the Chief of Party, including a monthly report on actual and projected expenditures per budget line item. Anticipate any issues and recommend any corrective measures as needed;
- Provide training and technical assistance on financial and grants management as needed to project staff, grantees and other implementing partners;
- Maintain all project financial records in compliance with Sri Lankan law and FHI 360/USAID rules and regulations;
- Participate fully and proactively in team meetings and other events and contribute to a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or Related Field. MBA preferred. Work experience can replace educational qualifications;
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant business and people management experience; 3+ years managing a finance department (6+ strongly preferred);
- Experience working in a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) preferred. Experience working with a global, international organization preferred;
- Minimum 3 years of experience with grants programs, design and management of grants programs preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in civil society, peacebuilding, reconciliation, or other conflict-related sectors highly desired;
- Experience with accounting software strongly preferred;
- Familiarity with USAID programming, rules and regulations highly desired;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
*Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
**Availability of position is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.