Protection Officer - Adigrat
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries. FHI 360’s Crisis Response team is responding to the humanitarian emergency in Afar, focusing on emergency health, nutrition and WASH activities to support the goal of reducing morbidity and mortality.
Under the supervision of the Protection coordinator the protection officer will oversee providing survival centered case management services to women affected by conflict and specifically providing support to survivors of gender-based violence. They will oversee identifying the needs of the women and refer them to appropriate care to meet their needs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Conduct sector needs assessments, provide technical guidance on appropriate emergency activities and devise sector-specific response strategies focusing on community engagement in prevention activities, and Case Management and Psychosocial support.
- Assess community infrastructure and service-provider capabilities, identify support needs and gaps.
- Develop partnerships with local service providers, implementing partners, and local government entities as well as attend protection cluster meetings.
- Work with operation staff to ensure commodities are procured, handled and managed properly.
- Work with technical and management coordinators of FHI 360’s Crisis Response team in identifying needs; target locations, supply chain routes, actors and mechanisms to ensure time-critical assistance is delivered to affected people.
- Lead design in indicators for assessing progress with Protection and Case Management programs.
- Serves as organizational liaison to external organizations at coordination meetings and conference as assigned.
- Manage and mentor Protection Assistants, Case Worker, and Social Service Workers
- Oversees all aspects of Protection at assigned field sites.
- Submit Weekly and Monthly Report to line Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BSc/BA in Sociology, Psychology, Social Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, or its recognized Above -3 years of relevant experience with NGO or CBO.
- More than Three -year relevant experience in Gender Based Violence programming including Case Management is desirable.
- Experience in facilitating training and mentorship of local communities to support protection activities.
- Understanding and commitment to protection rights and issues.
- Fluent in local language and excellent in English.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.