Subnational Activity Support Manager - Sughd Region
JOB TITLE: Subnational Activity Support Manager
PROJECT TITLE: USAID End Tuberculosis (TB) Tajikistan Activity
REPORT TO: Chief of Party, FHI 360 in Tajikistan
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the two positions of Subnational Activity Support Manager for USAID Tajikistan Tuberculosis (TB) Bilateral Activity. The positions will be based in Khudjand city, Sughd region, Tajikistan.
USAID End Tuberculosis (TB) Tajikistan Activity is a five-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). USAID End Tuberculosis (TB) Tajikistan Activity aims to reduce the burden of TB in the Republic of Tajikistan. The project activity results are focuses on improving case detection and notification for all forms of TB, increasing the number of patients cured of all forms of TB, strengthening TB prevention by expanded preventive treatment and improved infection prevention and control (IPC) interventions, and strengthening TB system resilience/reliance in public health emergency.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Subnational Activity Support Manager will provide technical assistance, guidance, and support to the project technical team on the oblast/districts/city and facility levels implementation. S/He will coordinate all TB activities and implementation across consortium partners within the oblast/districts/city, monitor activity progress, and provide focused technical assistance as needed to consortium partner teams. S/He will ensure that the implementation of TB interventions is in line with Government of Tajikistan priorities and goals of USAID End Tuberculosis (TB) Tajikistan Activity.
50-60% of travels within the region and country
- Provide technical assistance for project-supported facilities and implementing partners within the one delegated oblast and facilities, including coordinating and providing TB-related trainings
- Collaborate and coordinate with staff of oblast/districts/city health administration(s) and organizations/partners to carry out TB programs and to support the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of project activities
- Develops and maintains relationships serving as the liaison for Project teams, as well as for government officials, local communities, and other organizations in the oblast/districts/city
- Provide recommendations for project improvement and technical implementation of TB activities based on monitoring and evaluation of ongoing activities
- Collect, review and finalize project’s event reports, monthly and quarterly narrative and indicators reports of organizations/partners from delegated oblast
- Draft, collect input, and finalize: Expense Authorizations, Purchase Requests, Expense Reports, Activity Design, Activity Reports, and other documents required respecting all requirements and timelines
- Submit bimonthly progress reports and field visit reports and ensure effective filing of documentation in accordance with project and donor guidelines
- Collect data, verify and submit TB statistic reports
- Documents and shares Project accomplishments, best practice, challenges and lessons learned among consortium partners in the province/city
- Provide technical support to other teams within the Project as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the Project’s overall objectives and activities
- At least Bachelor’s degree in public health or other health related fields or its equivalent; Master’s degree is an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with project management
- Experience working in organizations or as part of projects that address technical TB issues
- Proven experience working with government officials, particularly with Department of Health and local government units, to support strategy development, implementation plans, and decision making is highly desirable
- Knowledge, understanding and technical expertise in the application and implementation of TB strategies and technical guidance
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholder
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Fluency in Tajik for candidates applying to position located in Sughd region is required.
- Any relevant Tajik professional qualifications, as well Uzbek and English are an advantage.
- Position open to Tajik nationals or individuals who have the legal authority to work in Tajikistan.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work and are subject to modification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.