TB Screening and TPT Advisor
JOB TITLE: TB Screening and TPT Advisor
PROJECT TITLE: USAID End Tuberculosis (TB) Tajikistan Activity
REPORT TO: Senior Technical Advisor on TB Care Cascade (AR1,2,3 Lead), FHI 360 in Tajikistan
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of TB Screening and TPT Advisor for USAID End Tuberculosis (TB) Tajikistan Activity. The position will be based in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
USAID End Tuberculosis (TB) Tajikistan Activity is a five-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). USAID End Tuberculosis (TB) Tajikistan Activity aims to reduce the burden of TB in the Republic of Tajikistan. The project activity results are focuses on improving case detection and notification for all forms of TB, increasing the number of patients cured of all forms of TB, strengthening TB prevention by expanded preventive treatment and improved infection prevention and control (IPC) interventions, and strengthening TB system resilience/reliance in public health emergency.
Under the supervision of the AR1,2,3 Lead, the TB Screening and TPT Advisor will work closely with the technical team to support the development, implementation, and monitoring of activities related to TB Screening and Preventive Treatment. This includes, but not limited to provide technical guidance and mentorship to the sub-partners to ensure technical fidelity of these interventions, ensures that targets set on TB Screening and Preventive Treatment are met and reported in line with client’s demands and, enhance capacity of implementing partner organizations to provide standard TB comprehensive screening services and TB care and preventive treatment activities, along with other activities in Tajikistan.
- Provides technical guidance and support to local partners in implementing TB screening and TB preventive treatment for key and vulnerable populations (including contact investigation).
- Strengthens referrals between CSOs and primary health care partners and public health facilities for Screening and Treatment services.
- Strengthens TB preventive treatment continuity and minimizes treatment interruptions at community clinics and TB facilities.
- Scale up community TB screening, monitoring and reporting for all sub partners and liaising with public and private laboratories
- Provides timely and regular supervision of TB screening centers community-based screening and testing sites, and Primary Health Care facilities to ensure implementation is done in accordance with the project workplan and strategies.
- Works with the project team to monitor the progress, track programmatic performance and implement corrective actions where interventions and strategies do not deliver the anticipated outcomes;
- Takes an active part in the process of TB system digitalization, in particular reporting process of TB screening and TPT;
- Strengthen project’s relationships with local stakeholders and District Health Management Teams to enhance collaboration for service delivery and ensure that project activities are well-coordinated and fed into national and regional programs, plans and achievements;
- Responsible for quality management and quality improvement plans for the partners, ensuring that partners adhere to minimum clinical standards in relation to TB screening and TPT.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the Project’s overall objectives and activities
- At least Bachelor’s degree in public health or other health related fields or its equivalent; Master’s or Medical Doctor degree is an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in provision of TB Screening services and TB Preventive Treatment. Previous experience working with key populations and priority populations is an added advantage.
- Experience working in organizations or as part of projects that address technical TB issues
- Proven experience working with government officials, particularly with Ministry of Health and Social Protection of the Population and local government units, to support strategy development, implementation plans, and decision making is highly desirable
- Knowledge, understanding and technical expertise in the application and implementation of TB strategies and technical guidance
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholder
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Any relevant Tajik professional qualifications are an advantage.
- Fluency in English, Russian and Tajiki is required.
- Position open to Tajik nationals or individuals who have the legal authority to work in Tajikistan.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work and are subject to modification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.