Development & Partnerships Associate
Acumen is looking for an Operations Associate with a minimum of 2 years of experience to manage Europe fundraising operations and support the team in effectively stewarding and engaging donors, and coordinating local events. This role reports into the Head of Development & Partnerships, Europe. Acumen is operating under a hybrid work agreement, we are in the London office 2 days a week.
Acumen’s mission is to solve problems of poverty and build a world based on dignity. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services help vulnerable and low-income people transform their own lives. To date, Acumen has positively impacted 500+ million lives by investing $155M in 167 innovative, early-stage companies in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the United States. But investment isn't just about capital; we've been investing in leadership for years, supporting emerging leaders in their own countries and engaging them in extended collective dialogue, moral inquiry, and skill building.
About Development and Partnerships
We are a small and mighty team where everyone rolls up their sleeves together to bring in the revenue needed to support Acumen's work. We engage a diverse donor audience, creating funding partnerships with individuals, corporations, foundations, and government institutions. We work cross-functionally, engaging closely with Acumen’s programs, communications function, legal and finance to develop and deliver effective funding partnerships.
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Development & Partnerships, Europe, the Europe Development & Partnerships Associate will support Acumen’s Europe fundraising efforts. This position will manage Europe fundraising operations and support the team in effectively stewarding and engaging donors. This role is part of the global Operations team, and will engage with this group on global projects from time to time. This role is based in London. Accountabilities include:
Donor Management & Stewardship
- Support in building a focused list of Europe prospects by conducting research on relevant individuals, corporations, and foundations and drafting meeting briefings
- Manage local donor engagement touchpoint tracking and reminders
- Provide project management support to the Head of D&P, Europe, with the goal of engaging Acumen’s donor base
- Support with gathering information for donor reports and proposals and coordinating with global colleagues to support the team to ensure timely submissions
- Support with the development of key collateral for donor cultivation, including decks, and drafting tailored emails to tailored to individual interests
Salesforce database management
- Ensure all accounts are kept up to date
- Ensure donations are recorded accurately and ensure revenue totals are accurate
- Create and pull necessary reports for fundraising analysis
- Draft necessary gift processing documents
- Partner with the Events Manager to manage the logistics of Europe events - securing and coordinating with venue, catering, and other vendors
- Building and managing event page for invitations
- Coordinating invite/attendee list
- Event briefings and reporting
- Support the D&P team in Europe with the smooth running of team operations, including supporting with scheduling meetings
Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal candidate is highly organized, has some experience supporting fundraising operations, is a good project manager, works well on a collaborative team, and has a passion for leveraging the power of social entrepreneurship to create impact.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in fundraising or sales operations or project management
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong operational skills: establishes priorities, people and project management, problem solving and project management, including the ability to work and deliver projects independently, proactively, and timely
- Data analysis and reporting
- Exceptional relationship and interpersonal skills: courtesy, tact, patience, and strong teamwork.
- Clear writer and verbal communicator
- Highly collaborative and able to work cross-functionally effectively
- The ability to proactively anticipate needs before they arise and take action without being asked, notices opportunities to create new systems and procedures when necessary
- Seeks and provides constructive feedback.
- Familiarity with CRM systems such as Salesforce is a plus.
- Self reflective and aligned with Acumen values.
- Permanently authorized to work in the UK
Deadline: Submit applications as early as possible as applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis.