Senior Associate, Events
Acumen is looking for a Senior Associate with at least 5 years of work experience to join Acumen's Development & Partnerships team to assist in the planning and coordination of events to cultivate and steward Acumen’s community of donors, board members, advisors, and ecosystem partners. This role is in NYC. The NYC office is operating under a hybrid work agreement and we're in the office on Tuesdays, Wednesday, and Thursdays.
Acumen’s mission is to change the way the world tackles poverty. By harnessing the power of entrepreneurship and partnering with leaders across industries, we provide tools to communities to help move themselves out of poverty. From a fintech platform that leverages data to create equitable financial access and bridge the US racial wealth gap to a greenhouse in a box solution that mitigates the effects of climate change for farmers in India, we invest in leaders and businesses upending systems and building a brighter future. Since Acumen’s founding in 2001, we’ve invested $146M, impacted over 400M lives, and trained and engaged a community of 1M changemakers across 193 countries.
About Development & Partnerships
We are a forward-thinking, strategic and collaborative team where everyone rolls up their sleeves to get the job done. We think of our roles beyond simply fundraising. We sit at the nexus of philanthropy and investing, and serve as the conduit between Acumen’s work and the broader world. We fully lead our respective roles, bringing that spirit of entrepreneurship into our day-to-day work.
About the Role:
As a Senior Events Associate at Acumen, you will play a crucial role in the conception, planning, and execution of high-impact events that amplify our mission to change the way the world tackles poverty and build a world based on dignity. Bringing your expertise and passion for creating meaningful experiences, you will engage across the Development & Partnerships and Communications teams, ensuring the seamless coordination of event logistics, stakeholder management, and marketing efforts. This individual will report to the Director of Philanthropy and will work cross-functionally with team members leading events in their respective regions and channels. This position will be based in the New York office and will require some travel.
- Lead the planning and coordination of events to cultivate and steward Acumen’s community of donors, board members, advisors, and ecosystem partners
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to coordinate event concepts, themes, agendas, and outreach plans that align with organizational objectives.
- Partner with regional development & partnership team leads in coordinating all aspects of event production, such as venue selection, catering, audio/visual equipment, vendor relations, run-of-show, and on-site logistics
- Ownership of online event platform, with a particular focus on invitation management, data hygiene, and integrations with select CRMs (i.e. Salesforce, Hubspot).
- Help manage event budgets, track expenses, and provide regular financial updates to ensure events remain on budget and meet financial goals.
- Coordinate with the team to ensure smooth on-site event execution, including setup, registration, attendee support, and breakdown.
- Evaluate event performance through attendee feedback, pre and post event data analysis, and debrief meetings to inform future event planning and improvements.
- Maintain a calendar of events and ensure that key deadlines are met.
Qualifications & Skills:
- At least 5 years of experience in event planning or coordination, preferably within a nonprofit setting.
- Strong project management and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with diverse teams and audiences.
- Ability to remain cool under the pressure of managing people and logistics as launch nears.
- Creative problem-solving skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Effectively collaborates with and across teams, seeks and provides constructive feedback
- Self reflective and aligned with Acumen values
- Permanent authorization to work in the US
- Travel within the United States required; potential for international travel.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed for events.
Deadline to Apply
Candidates are encouraged to apply early as resumes will be screened and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis.
The salary range for this role is $61,300-$74,900 plus a performance-based bonus. This range represents the present low and high end of pay range for this role. Actual compensation will vary based on various factors including but not limited to experience. Acumen has equal pay, so pay is determined through comparison to a cohort of employees in market at the same level of accountability. A full detail of compensation and benefits will be available through the first screening.