Accelerators, Acumen Academy
Acumen Academy is seeking someone with 2-3 years of experience for full time contract work until April 2024. The focus is on supporting administration and operations across our accelerator programs. This role is located in London and the London office is operating under a hybrid model.
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders, and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services help people living in poverty to transform their lives. To date, Acumen has positively impacted over 500 million lives by investing $154.4M in 167 innovative, early-stage companies in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the United States. But investment isn’t just about capital, we’ve been investing in relationships for years, connecting with emerging leaders in their own countries and engaging them in extended collective dialogue, moral inquiry, and skill building.
About Acumen Academy
Acumen Academy is the world’s school for social change. We aim to unleash a new generation of social innovators and leaders with the character and competence to solve problems of poverty and build a world based on dignity. Anyone with an internet connection, anywhere in the world, can access the practical tools, practices, resources, and supportive community they need to achieve positive social change. With 1,200 Fellows and Accelerator alumni, and 1.2M course sign-ups from 193 countries, the Acumen Academy community represents a new generation of social innovators and leaders committed to doing what’s right in a world that loves easy.
About Acumen Academy’s Accelerators
Acumen Academy’s Accelerators are cohort-based sprints that delve deep into practices for scaling business and developing leadership skills. We have two accelerator products; The Leadership Accelerator and The Business Accelerator. Our Accelerator’s are run in different regions, and geographies, depending on the partners we are working with.
The proposed engagement consists of a contract until April 2024 and will provide administrative and operational support to the accelerator program team, working across programs and projects to provide assistance and support across the team’s delivery schedule.
- Program administration: Provide administrative support to program leads, facilitators, and participants across programs including communicating with participants, scheduling and attending meetings, support with program planning and scheduling, and providing coordination and delivery support during program sessions.
- Data collection and analysis: Ensure the completion of surveys to track program outcomes against our monitoring and evaluation goals. Organize data and highlight insights and relevant testimonials.
- Reporting: Support the Program Manager in developing thoughtful program updates and lessons learned, both internally for our team and externally for funders.
- Marketing and Communications: Respond to email inquiries from applicants and participants and help to identify possible candidates and build outreach lists for future programs.
- Technical assistance and troubleshooting: Support participant experience and troubleshoot technical issues. Support with quality assurance checks on accelerator content in preparation for program launches. Track recurring challenges in user experience or project operations, troubleshoot issues.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 - 3 years of work experience
- Detail and process-oriented, curious, analytical, and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Good organizational skills (captures it all, organizes information in an actionable way)
- Good planning skills (foresight, prepared, only last minute when it has to be)
- Good customer service skills: What is needed? How can I help?
- Familiarity with technical platforms and apps, able to troubleshoot
- Able to attend to small details and extrapolate larger trends of recurring issues and identify potential solutions or process improvements
- Able to communicate clearly to diverse audiences and keep a collaborative globally distributed team and remote manager updated on the status of projects and issues
- Able to work effectively and efficiently across multiple projects simultaneously
- Skilled at getting to the bottom of problems and identify root causes
- Able to engage participants in positive and professional ways while holding them accountable for deadlines, assignments and policies
- Experience with online learning platforms, customer service or social entrepreneurship (preferred)
- Self-reflective and aligned with Acumen’s values.
- Authorized to work in London
Apply as soon as possible as applications will be screened and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis.