Operations Associate, Development and Partnerships
Acumen is looking for an Operations Associate with a minimum of 1 - 3 years of experience to manage West Coast fundraising operations and support the team in effectively stewarding and engaging donors, and coordinating local events. This role reports into the Director of Philanthropy. Acumen is operating under a hybrid work agreement, we are in office 2 days a week.
Acumen’s mission is to solve problems of poverty and build a world based on dignity. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services help vulnerable and low-income people transform their own lives. To date, Acumen has positively impacted 500+ million lives by investing $150M in 156 innovative, early-stage companies in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the United States. But investment isn't just about capital; we've been investing in leadership for years, supporting emerging leaders in their own countries and engaging them in extended collective dialogue, moral inquiry, and skill building.
About Development and Partnerships
We are a small and mighty team where everyone rolls up their sleeves together to bring in the revenue needed to support Acumen's work. We engage a diverse donor audience, creating funding partnerships with individuals, corporations, foundations, and government institutions. We work cross-functionally, engaging closely with Acumen’s programs, communications function, legal and finance to develop and deliver effective funding partnerships.
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, the West Coast Development & Partnerships Associate will support Acumen’s West Coast fundraising efforts. Funds raised support Acumen’s work and critical investments in social entrepreneurs tackling the challenges of poverty around the world. This position will manage West Coast fundraising operations and support the team in effectively stewarding and engaging donors. The ideal candidate is highly organized, has some experience supporting fundraising operations, is an excellent project manager, works well on a mission-focused, collaborative team, and has a passion for leveraging the power of social entrepreneurship to create impact. This role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Acumen’s San Francisco team is working in the office 2 days a week.
- Donor Management & Stewardship
- Support in building out a targeted list of West Coast prospects by conducting research on relevant individuals, corporations, and foundations and drafting briefings
- Manage local donor engagement touchpoint tracking and reminders
- Provide project management support to the Director of Philanthropy with the goal of engaging Acumen’s donor base
- Salesforce database management
- Ensure key accounts are kept up to date
- Ensure donations are recorded accurately and ensure revenue totals are accurate
- Create and pull necessary reports for fundraising analysis
- Draft necessary gift processing documents
- Event Coordination
- Partner with the Sr. Events Associate to manage the logistics of West Coast events - securing and coordinating with venue, catering, and other vendors
- Building and managing event page for invitations
- Coordinating invite/attendee list
- Event briefings and reporting
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum of 1- 2 years of relevant experience in fundraising or sales operations or project management
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Operational skills such as problem solving and project management, including the ability to work and deliver projects independently, proactively, and within deadlines
- Enjoys technical and operational aspects of coordination, i.e. data analysis and reporting. Familiarity with CRM systems such as Salesforce is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communicator
- Highly collaborative and able to effectively work cross-functionally
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to proactively anticipate needs before they arise and take action without being asked - notices opportunities to create new systems and procedures when necessary
- Effectively collaborates with and across teams.
- Seeks and provides constructive feedback.
- Exceptional relationship and interpersonal skills: courtesy, tact, patience, and strong teamwork.
- Self reflective and aligned with Acumen values.
- Permanently authorized to work in the US
Apply early as applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis.
The salary range for this role is $58,300-$67,400 plus a performance-based bonus. This range represents the present low and high end of pay range for this role. Actual compensation will vary based on various factors including but not limited to experience. Acumen has equal pay, so pay is determined through comparison to a cohort of employees in market at the same level of accountability.