Skoll World Forum
About the Freedom Fund
The Freedom Fund (www.freedomfund.org) is a global fund with the sole aim of helping end modern slavery.
We are a catalyst in the global effort to end modern slavery, working in the countries and sectors where it is most prevalent. We invest in and partner with organisations and communities on the frontlines of ending exploitation.
By partnering with those at risk of modern slavery as well as visionary investors, governments, and anti-slavery organisations, we bring together the knowledge, the capital and the will needed to dismantle the systems that allow slavery to exist and thrive.
Through our investments and support, we aim to shift power, so that frontline organisations and communities can shape and drive the change required to bring modern slavery to an end.
In its first eight years, the Freedom Fund has supported over 140 organisations in Bangladesh, Brazil, Ethiopia, Indonesia, India, Kenya, Myanmar, Nepal, and Thailand.
About the position
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to increase the effectiveness and impact of a non-profit working to improve the lives of millions of the most vulnerable people around the world.
This position supports the Freedom Fund globally. Reporting to the Senior Manager of HR and Operations, the IT Officer will be responsible for troubleshooting issues and providing internal IT support for system users, supporting the Freedom Fund’s IT processes, and providing technical support on existing and new infrastructure and software.
The successful candidate will act as point of contact between the organisation and (internal & external) support services for day-to-day operational activities, this role will support the delivery of technology solutions, coordinating with core service providers to ensure continuity of service.
Due to the international nature of the Freedom Fund, it is expected that the part time hours will be spread over five days, and include both mornings and afternoons (e.g., Monday morning, Tuesday afternoon etc). We expect to negotiate mutually convenient hours with the successful candidate and will be willing to discuss hours that work around other commitments such as study or childcare.
Internal IT support
• Serve as the in-house IT support for the global organisation, providing IT troubleshooting for all staff.
• Work with all departments to ensure they are sufficiently and appropriately equipped with IT resources and that there is consistent maintenance and management.
• Manage all physical IT assets and infrastructure.
• Set up and onboard new starters, training new staff on all core organisational IT systems.
• Support the administration of key IT systems such as Business Central (our accounting software) and Salesforce (our Customer Relationship Management software).
• To ensure that approaches used to deliver new technologies and services are creative yet practical and founded on research and understanding of organisational requirements. Identify working processes or policy improvements and propose changes to the Senior HR and Operations Manager.
Grant Management System Support
• Support the implementation of our Grant Management System, providing technical assistance and on-going administration.
Infrastructure and Cyber Security Implementation
• Review existing IT audit – infrastructure, systems, and procedures, and make recommendations for adopting secure practices to meet the strategic needs of the Freedom Fund.
• Work alongside an external consultant to support the technical implementation of new infrastructure.
• Design and run ongoing training for Freedom Fund staff on secure communications and cyber security.
For further information, please view the role on our website.