Head of Marketing and Communications
Skoll World Forum
Head of Marketing and Communications is a critical role that operates as the lead for the marketing, branding and external communications functions at Proximity Designs. This means working closely with Proximity’s leadership team to bring creative and brand excellence through strategic, innovative communications. You will oversee all external marketing and communications initiatives, including the digital marketing channel which brings in about 50% of Proximity’s customers. You will build and maintain Proximity’s reputation among its multiple audiences: customers (farmers), the international and Yangon community, and employees, across our two brands Proximity Designs and Yetagon. As the team’s leader, you will build the team’s capacity and give them the tools, and inspire them to deliver great work. This is a dynamic role for someone with strong marketing and communications experience to foster a team. You will wear many hats, as you will oversee projects ranging from strategic planning, marketing, PR, digital marketing and social media.
This role requires living and working in a region close to Myanmar and preferences will be made for candidates who can live and work in Myanmar.
Once You’re Here, You Will:
Strategy Setting and Implementation
- Working closely with the senior management team, craft the marketing and communications strategy to serve 1 million smallholder farmers in the next 3 years
- Oversee implementation of the marketing, digital marketing and social media strategy for Proximity Designs’ different product lines and sales channels
- Collaborate with the digital marketing team to redesign and optimize our lead and direct customer generating activities (chatbot, facebook ads, etc.) for our farm practices and tele-agronomy services
- Understand market trends, customer values and brand awareness in order to extract insights from best practices and adjust marketing strategies accordingly
Branding and Creative
- Steer Proximity’s brand narrative across all plans and activities, and identify opportunities for thought leadership
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to align on creative strategy with the in-house creative services team and if necessary, external agencies
Public Relations and Communications
- Oversee our external communications channels, such as Proximity Designs’ website and social media pages
Oversee content creation for all marketing and external communications materials, such as social media posts, brochures, videos and website copy, aimed at customers and key audiences such as donors and potential donors
Team Management and Development
- Manage and mentor 10-12 team members from the marketing, digital marketing, creative services and external communications subteams, building their capabilities and contributing to their career growth.
- Create structures and workflows that enhance daily team operations.
- At least 6 years of work experience in marketing, digital marketing and/or communications.
- Committed to leading and developing a team of marketing and communications professionals.
- Experience juggling multiple projects, deadlines and requests at one time and a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, in English.
- Possess the traits of any successful brand marketer: adaptability, empathy for your audience, strong ability to learn and work in teams.
- Interest in having a key role in an organization that impacts Myanmar’s local communities.
- Experience in chatbot, digital marketing analytics and digital campaigns
- Able to live in and work out of Yangon, Myanmar
You’ll earn a competitive salary, with medical benefits, and incredible opportunities to develop your career. You can expect an annual impact bonus, an amazing office with the forward-thinking people and world-class training opportunities through Proximity School.
You’ll get to see more of the world, with the potential to attend conferences and events to keep your skills sharp.
And, ultimately, you’ll have the opportunity to change lives in Myanmar for the better, while doing groundbreaking work.
Proximity Designs is tackling globally important issues at the nexus of climate change, deep poverty, food insecurity, inequality and political conflict. We do this by helping hundreds of thousands of rural people care for their soils, grow more food, earn better incomes and build resilience against climate change. We address a critical government and market failure, by designing and delivering products and services needed to make farming families more productive, profitable and environmentally sustainable. We offer our low-income customers a suite of innovative and affordable farm solutions such as micro-irrigation systems, bio-fertilizers and bio-pesticides, soil health testing kits, on-call crop protection services and farm loans.
Over the past 19 years, we’ve generated USD 782 million in additional income for 1.2 million poor farming households across rural Myanmar. With this income increase, farmers can invest in their future: education for their children, more nutritious food, better healthcare and investments in their farms or other village enterprises.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining us, please click on the link provided to submit your application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis without regards to race, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or marital status, and therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.