Senior Officer - Website and Digital
Skoll World Forum
INTRODUCTION TO GIRLS NOT BRIDES
Girls Not Brides is the only global organisation uniquely focused on creating and sustaining a worldwide movement to end child, early and forced marriage and unions (CEFMU) and ensuring that this movement leads to tangible change for the girls at risk or affected by the practice. We are a network of more than 1600 civil society organisations in over 100 countries working in partnership to end child marriage.
Our vision is a world without child marriage where girls and women enjoy equal status with boys and men and can achieve their full potential in all aspects of their lives. Our vision challenges deeply embedded social norms that harm the lives of girls, women, and their communities.
INTRODUCTION TO THE ROLE
The successful applicant will support across our digital channels, including website management, digital content and email. This role sits in the Communications Team and reports to the Communications Manager. You will work closely with external website developers to deliver a website that showcases Girls Not Brides and our role as the global movement to end child marriage. This role will also be responsible for developing and producing performance data, evaluation, and reporting across our digital channels.
We are looking for an experienced digital communications professional who has a passion for managing websites, using data to improve performance and engagement, and using digital platforms to drive impactful digital social change and movement building efforts.
The ideal candidate is a creative and talented individual who possesses the rights skills and experience required to successfully manage the Girls Not Brides website in English, French and Spanish, including website development, maintenance, continuous improvement planning, infrastructure, architecture, and user journey.
London, UK (hybrid with up to three days on site). Includes international travel.
£38,250 rising on an annual incremental basis. Girls Not Brides also offers a generous 10% pension.
This is a permanent full-time role. The successful candidate must have the right to work in the United Kingdom at the time of submitting the application.
Girls Not Brides website management (70%)
- Lead the development and implementation of a website improvement strategy and project plan, with support from the Communications Manager.
- Recommend and manage changes to the website architecture, front-end design, features, integrations, and user-journey improvements.
- Manage the day-to-day of activity of Girls Not Brides’ website, including uploading content in 3 languages (English, French and Spanish), optimising content for web, updating static pages, and recommending updates and upgrades to the content management systems (CMS).
- Assume responsibility for managing website projects, including the upgrade, update and support and maintenance pipeline, as well as larger-scale changes to website functionality and architecture, managing external contractors to produce the work required on time and within budget.
- Research and implement best practices for search engine optimisation (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM), across website copy and architecture.
- Produce and manage a clear, well-documented approach to web analytics, producing regular reports, monitoring user behaviour and website traffic, carrying out benchmarking, identifying KPIs and providing actionable insights.
- Support content writing for the website, including writing website copy and blog posts.
- Collaborate with the Learning team in development of knowledge and learning hub.
- Collaborate with the member engagement team to improve member journey and offering.
Digital channel evaluation and reporting (20%)
- Set-up, maintain, and manage website analytics using the Google suite.
- Monitor and evaluate website success, including functionality, engagement, and traffic, producing regular reports, and providing recommendations.
- Monitor and evaluate the success of other digital channels, including social media and email marketing, producing regular reports, and providing recommendations.
- Monitor, evaluate and improve compliance of the website, including GDPR and accessibility best practices.
Digital communications support (10%)
- Lead communications digital knowledge management activity, including internal file systems, and asset management.
- Manage the email pipeline and support email marketing, including copywriting and content generation for regular newsletters, making recommendations to improve engagement.
- Make recommendations for our digital tools, ensuring they are fit for purpose and follow the latest trends and best practice.
- Support digital storytelling, digital content writing, and social media campaigns as required.
Wider Organisational Responsibilities
- Commit to the mission and vision of Girls Not Brides, putting these at the forefront of all planning, work and actions.
- Uphold the core values of Girls Not Brides in all areas of work and interactions with colleagues, members, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Comply with Girls Not Brides’ policies and processes, with note for safeguarding, diversity and inclusion, the code of conduct and data protection.
- Ensure that internal databases and monitoring information are kept fully up to date.
- Commit to ongoing personal development and learning.
- Fulfil any other reasonable requests for the advancement of Girls Not Brides.
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant area such as digital communications, media, website design or proven experience in a related field.
- Significant professional experience in a similar level role, ideally in the not-for-profit sector, an international/intergovernmental organisation, a social movement, research centre, or social enterprise.
- Significant professional experience in developing and implementing website improvement strategies and coordinating large website development project plans.
- Significant professional experience in website management, including planning, implementing, monitoring, and upgrading content, architecture, and features.
- Significant professional experience in developing and implementing evaluation and reporting for website, email marketing and social media channels.
- Experience in applying best practices in SEO.
- Experience in writing and developing content for websites.
- Experience in liaising with and managing external contractors, particularly website developers.
- Experience of working across other digital channels, including email, social media and other digital storytelling platforms.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Expert knowledge of using CMS to manage websites, ideally with experience of using Wagtail.
- Expert understanding of the Google Suite for website analysis, including Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and others.
- Understanding of website wireframing and design software, ideally Sigma.
- Understanding of HTML, XHTML, CSS design, cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility.
- Skilled at using third-party social media and email marketing analytics tools to generate reports and insights.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations for website compliance, including GDPR and data protection, and accessibility best practices for website.
- Knowledge of SEO researching and implementing best practices, and skilled use of third-party tools to support data eneration and implementation.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
Essential values and attributes
- Strong commitment to the mission and values of Girls Not Brides and our vision in relation to addressing child marriage and gender justice.
- Team player spirit, proactive and able to confidently take initiative and make appropriate decisions.
- Willingness to work flexibly and regularly travel internationally, as necessary.
- Understanding of and experience using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Able to speak a second language, ideally French, Spanish, or Portuguese.
Girls Not Brides is committed to safeguarding all children, young people, and adults at risk with whom our staff and representatives work and interface. Any employment with Girls Not Brides may be subject to the satisfactory completion of a background check and a criminal records check, which can include but is not limited to: an overseas police record check, a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (for those based in the UK) or an International Criminal Record Check (if applicable).
Diversity at Girls Not Brides
Girls Not Brides is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity, equal opportunity, and inclusion in a serious way. We are committed to building a staff body that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
How to apply
The closing date for this role is 09:00 BST on Monday 21 August 2023.
To apply, please submit your CV and a brief cover letter (no more than two pages) clearly demonstrating how you meet the criteria with the Person Specification via the Online Application Form on the Girls Not Brides website.
We regret that due to the large number of applications anticipated, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.