Associate, Monitoring and Evaluation
Smile Train is looking to hire an Associate, Monitoring and Evaluation, to join our HQ Programs team. The Associate, Monitoring and Evaluation, will report to the Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation and is responsible for day-to-day administration of our Smile Train Express (STX), Smile Train’s proprietary electronic medical records database and the world’s largest cleft database.
This role is mainly administrative in nature and the Associate will be responsible for updating and maintaining STX, ensuring data integrity and accuracy of information entered by partners, as well as communicating periodic updates to the team. They will help to evaluate partner requirements, onboard employees on use of STX as part of Smile Train’s overall Programmatic onboarding process and share valuable insight into Smile Train’s data for internal stakeholders. The Associate will prepare visual presentations of STX data, research programmatic trends, and compile data for Smile Train’s internal oversight processes in addition to external initiatives.
This is an excellent opportunity for a detail oriented and passionate data enthusiast to help Smile Train track impact around the globe. This is a full-time staff position based out of Smile Train Headquarters in New York, starting as soon as possible.
- Support the functionality of STX, including:
- Monthly surgical record review and notification of surgical numbers for relevant staff.
- Managing the STX Administration Inbox and responding to routine inquiries and requests, providing accurate information, and directing inquiries to the appropriate team members.
- Assisting in data normalization projects in Grants Database System and reviewing and aggregating data to inform program planning.
- Identifying trends/deviations in data.
- Tracking flagged records for quality assurance of surgery programs.
- Identifying opportunities for process/system improvement.
- Assisting Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation on the updating of Programs team resources including training materials for STX and photo standards guide for partners.
- Conducting training tutorials for onboarding new staff.
- Perform partner data processing and assessment by:
- Supporting Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation on Medical Review of new and existing Smile Train Treatment partner centers in Grants Database System.
- Creating new user accounts for approved partners, treatment centers, and practitioners to STX.
- Updating partner contact/user information as appropriate in STX.
- Support Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation with QA processes for surgical programs, especially as related to data collection and organization for internal Programs Team discussion/action.
- Ensure data integrity by:
- Initiating corrective action on data entry errors relating to patient documentation or information entry.
- Supporting Programs team on ad-hoc administrative projects such as GMAB and Regional MAC In-Kind Form data collection and development of programmatic presentations or process materials.
Smile Train is committed to diversity among its employees and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please complete the application through the link below. Include your CV and a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a good fit for Smile Train and this role.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.